Richard Macphail is to visit the USA to promote his book. Richard has tales to tell about life on and off the road with great rock bands. Richard was the glue that held Genesis together. Working for Charisma Records as tour manager and live sound man, Richard looked after artists such as Genesis, Peter Gabriel, and Peter Hammill, touring Europe and America. Many a scrape ensued.
Richard Macphail's wonderful story My Book Of Genesis has been selling fast in Europe.
And now it is available for the first time in the USA, in both paperback and Kindle editions, through Wymer Publishing.
Richard will visit the USA to promote his book in June 2018.
My Book Of Genesis...
- Features contributions from all members of Genesis
- Illustrated with 30 photographs
- Richard's full life and times from the 1960s onwards
- Foreword by Peter Gabriel
- *Now available in the USA*
Chapter titles include...
* In the beginning * Mick Jagger – The Devil incarnate * The wilderness years * Eyeless in Gaza * Cottage life * A little bit of charisma * Mellotronics * The grand tour * The guy in the top hat * Why did you leave Genesis? * Why did Peter leave Genesis? * The kraken wakes * Busted in St Gallen * Birds on the wire * The reunion
Extract from the Foreword...
“There were many wonderful and funny moments in the underfunded and chaotic travels of a young band trying to make it, as you will discover when you read this book. He was our unsung hero and when I eventually left Genesis, it was to Rich that I turned once again as my tour manager, for another two years of travelling adventures. I am happy that his story is now being told...” — Peter Gabriel.
Quotes from the book...
“We would have killed each other without Rich” — Mike Rutherford. “The band’s official chameleon…our unsung hero” — Peter Gabriel. “We were very dependent on Richard” — Tony Banks. “There was nothing you wouldn’t do...” — Steve Hackett. “If YOU said it, we did believe it” — Phil Collins.
From the UK press...
“Highly readable...particularly vivid” CLASSIC ROCK. “Charming insider insight” MOJO.
"I wouldn't have changed my life for all the tea in China," says Richard Macphail.